What do brands like Lyft, Spotify, Amazon, and Starbucks all have in common? Apart from a good marketing team, these brands have been known to leverage the next evolution of efficient marketing – artificial intelligence.
Marketing studies estimate that investments in customer experience initiatives, like A.I. hold the potential to double revenue within 36 months as customers are willing to pay almost more for a product if a positive experience is achieved. Personalizing the customer’s experience, it is no surprise that artificial intelligence is disrupting marketing strategies, assisting as much as 30% of B2B companies in increasing lead conversions.
While seemingly complex at face value, artificial intelligence can be applied in various ways into your marketing strategy, no humanoid robots required.
Using Artificial Intelligence…Intelligently
Chances are you’ve already engaged with A.I. without realizing it. Quietly bringing your brand alive, A.I. enhances the customer experience through several outlets such as:
- Intelligent audience targeting – Recording traffic patterns and customer interests, machine learning helps you target your audience by studying their preferences beyond simple demographics. The result is a personalized customer experience, which allows you to reach prospects based on their interests.
- Content intelligence – While A.I. can’t write blogs and whitepapers (yet), it can search key trends and topics within your audience group, giving you leading insight into possible topics that interest your audience.
- Price/deal alert – Further personalizing the customer experience, price/deal alerts keep prospects engaged while showing your audience that you understand their preferences.
- Chatbots – Garter estimates that one out of four businesses will employ chatbots by the end of 2020, providing customers with catered assistance 24/7. As a matter of fact, chatbots have been cited as one of the biggest automation trends overtaking the market, which means more customers will expect immediate support.
- Speech recognition– Voice searches are already replacing almost half of manually typed searches, and the best A.I. solutions shouldn’t take that lightly. In addition to key words, consider using natural language processing since this can help programs read content tone and intention for better exposure.
- Engagement insights – Carefully tracking engagement, artificial intelligence delivers insight into purchase trends, interest areas, and campaign successes, allowing to adapt your strategy to new changes.
Simply put, A.I. is here, and it’s here to stay. From personalized engagement to real-time insights, artificial intelligence has earned and secured its place in our lives, and in light of these applications, in your next marketing strategy as well.